March 14,2009
PLANNING FOR NAUVOO TRIIP
One of my goals this year is to return to my mission, the Northern States Mission. After 48 years, I think it is time. My problem will be to find anybody I know. The McCandless family who I taught in the northern suburbs of Chicago now live in the Nauvoo area are people I have kept in touch with. The two previous posts concern a letter about a Sunday School class Sister McCandless taught last year and her account of our relationship. She sent them to me this week regardless of the date of her letter. The McCandlesses are probably the only people that I can locate.
Our plans are:
March 30, 2009 Monday-Drive from G. J. to Wichita in one big day.
Tuesday-Stay with the Waters and celebrate a granddaughter’s birthday.
Wednesday-drive from Wichita to Nauvoo and have supper with the McCandless
Family.
Thursday-tour the historic sites in Nauvoo with the McCandlesses as guides, attend a temple session with them and take them to dinner at the Nauvoo House.
Friday-drive to Chicago visiting Galesburg, Peoria, Chicago Heights and the State of Michigan.
Saturday-pick Kim up at the airport at 6:30 a.m. and tour Chicago including the places I lived.
We will travel across Wisconsin, Minnesota, North and South Dakota and Wyoming and will arrive in Denver on April 10th so Kim can fly out the next day. We want to visit Devil’s Tower, the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse sculpture plus anything else that pleases us. I may never want to drive on another vacation but I’m looking forward to this one.
K. K. Summers
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I loved Navoo very pretty! Take lots of pictures!
Post a Comment