April 24, 2009
RE: ZONE CONFERENCE-APRIL 17, 2009
Dear President and Sister Christison,
Thanks so much for allowing me to attend zone conference at the Grand Junction Stake Center last week. What a great day. I spirit continued to reside with me that evening as I returned home and I thanked my Heavenly Father for the experiences I had at zone conference. Let me summarize some highlights:
1. I love your conferences because I am taught the gospel and I feel the spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of what is taught. President Christison’s teaching on the atonement and the testimony of Elder McConkie was very moving. I had met Elder McConkie when our stake was divided and the Montrose Stake was created and I went to BYU with his son Joseph.
2. Sister Christison’s teachings about the sacrament taught me new principles and added to my appreciation for the Savior. It has permanently changed what I think about when I take the sacrament. I would appreciate if Sister Christison would share with me the sheet containing the comparison of the two prayers when you come to our stake conference together with any reference material.
3. I was touched by the two testimonies given by the missionaries during the breakout sessions on how the atonement had touched their lives.
4. It’s tough to say goodbye to missionaries who have served in my stake so faithfully. Elder Cooper shared with me his desire that his mother join the church and we have added what request in our prayers. He is returning home to the same stake where my son lives so I am going to contact him next time I go to California.
5. Elder and Sister Dean are the first missionary couple to ever serve in our stake . We will miss them-three ward bishops have really relied on them. We will take any couple you want to send.
6. Elder Hansen continues to serve with honor and dedication. Elder Garland will always be special to me. It hurts me to see him struggle because of his brother’s action and his father’s heart problems. In the district meeting when goals were being discussed he set the example and taught other missionaries they don’t work up to the Standards of Excellence but they had the power to meet most of the standards now by just doing it because it is within their power to do so. I am going to visit him in Texas when I visit my daughter who is in graduate school in Austin.
7. I am amazed at the growth I see in missionaries from zone conference to the next zone conference. I marvel at the abilities of those missionaries whose native language is not English. I appreciate you sending such good missionaries to our stake.
8. Thanks for letting the three prospective missionaries from my stake attend. They all gave me good reports and enjoyed the day. Bro. King’s call came yesterday to Dallas, Texas, Spanish speaking-maybe he will see Elder Garland there.
We pray for each of you at our stake meetings. Thanks for visiting us on this side of the mountain. I look forward to meeting with you again in Littleton in May with Elders Funk and Brimhall.
Your brother in the gospel,
Kelly Summers
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment