CLARISSA TURNS AGE 70
JUNE 8, 2009
Today, Clarissa turned age 70. We celebrated her birthday according to her wishes-a dinner at the Vinery Restaurant in downtown Grand Junction, her favorite eating place. We have been going there for over 30 years. She invited Tom and Joanne Mingus and Dean and Mary White as our guests. She didn’t want a big party but a private celebration with good friends.
It was a good occasion. Clarissa was very happy and satisfied that she had reach age 70. She said she was ready to live another 15 years. The last year has been a good year for her since she has now lost 70 pounds. It has made her a new woman. She has a lot more energy and she doesn’t hurt so much. She is doing a lot more activities. Her health is better both physically and mentally. She is proud for what she has accomplished.
We sat at opposite ends of the table with the Mingus couple on one side and the White couple on the other. As I looked at her, Clarissa just shined. She was so beautiful and pretty. I realized how gorgeous she was and how lucky and fortunate I was to have her as my wife and eternal companion. I recognized a long time ago that I am able to function as a stake president only because of her. She is so supportive of my calling and makes it possible for me to serve. Regardless of how she feels, she is always available to support me and accomplish the duties of a stake president’s wife. I am even dependent on her for transportation out of town. There is nothing she will not do for her kids.
When I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease I had my counselors and staff gives me a blessing about my calling. Pres. Dean didn’t promise me I would complete a normal nine year term but told me I should listen to my wife and get her advice about my health. She takes good care of me and watches over me. I know my dependency of her will increase. I am grateful to God for her.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment